Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My good deed for the day

Ok, the monkeys and I went down to Portland today. We met Mom and Michael (my nephew) at the theater to catch the free Wednesday movie. Today's movie was the Bee Movie. Really cute, btw! We will definately have to buy this one!

Anyway, we went to Walmartz to pick up some lunch and buy matching shirts for all the kids, so we could get their pictures taken. Getting back into my van, I notice what looks like a credit card laying on the pavement. I pick it up and see it's actually a Wamu Debit card. Good till 1/09.

I tell Mom to hang on, I am going to call this in. After pushing several numbers (damn recordings) I finally reach a REAL person. I explain what happened. The lady at Wamu says the card is not yet reported missing, but she will close the account and get ahold of the account holder. She tells me to take it back into Walmartz, and she will let the lady whose card it is, know this. She thanks me for being honest and I *grin*. Half heartedly expecting a reward, free Wamu gift card or at least some flowers. But no such luck.

I would so hope someone would do this for me. In reality, I wouldn't get that lucky.

Well Lynette Dowlen you are lucky. I found your card. I did the right thing and turned it in. I hope you haven't lost anything else, because someone else probably won't be as nice. Someone else will probably use up what dinero you have left on some silly string and yoo-hoo.

No comments: