Friday, November 21, 2008

I am in love with a man who is not my husband

His name is Edward Cullen.

He sparkles.

He drives a silver Volvo.

He has the most amazing eyes.....


LOL YES! Twilight was awesome! I am so glad I went and saw it! 1. because I haven't been to the theater to see a movie (that I actually payed for--took the kids to a free movie this summer) since last Thanksgiving--Mom and Dad took myself and the kids to see Happy Feet! Before that it was House of Wax--Denny and I went on a date. Before that? Legally Blonde 2.

*hanging head in shame*

2. Because it was another chance for me to get out with my girlfriend. Michele and I had fun. I told her we need to do this more often! We were not tired and ready to go do something once the movie was over. Really sucked that it was almost 2:30am!

I will have to say, I was a wee bit let down. I know movies are NEVER as good as books. There did seem to be a bit missing. But if you had never read the book, then the movie makes perfect sense. I know I am probably confuzzling the heck of you, but I know what I am saying.

My beef?
1. Edward didn't sparkle like SM made him sparkle in the book.
2. Kristen Stewart didn't have chemistry with Robert Pattinson. It was like she was acting too hard to like him. On the other hand, you could tell RP had it BAD for KS!
3. It was kinda weird to see how they fell in love so quickly. If you didn't read the book, you would be like how the heck....?
4. Rosalie, Emmet, Alice, Jasper and Esme pretty much got no play. They were barely in the movie. I was like why are they here again?
5. The guy who played James, Cam Gigandet, is hot, no doubt. But he seemed better suited for Carlisle. And vice versa. No matter what, I cannot see Peter Facinelli as no one else but Mike Dexter in "Can't Hardly Wait". He looked creepy as a blonde. I did not know until this morning, that he is married to Jennie Garth! WOW! PF seems like really good bad guy.
6. Jasper---does the dude have to go around looking like he has to poo ALL THE FLIPPING TIME? lol I was like man, chill...here is the bathroom...lol...take a laxative or something, geesh!

I know there is more, but it's really starting to look like nitpicker list, lol.

Final thought: Excellent movie, whether you have read the book or not. Stays true to the book. Go see it, for sure. Two thumbs up!


No comments: