Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Snow day

*This post was originally started on 2/22/11. It's 3/6/11 now, but I figured I might as well post it*

Today is a snow day for the kiddos. We got around 4" yesterday, then it looks to be another 1 or so overnight. We had freezing rain and sleet in the morning yesterday. So both of those together made for one messy day. The kids even got out one hour early.

I know I haven't posted for a bit, I have been busy..........WORKING!!!!!!! Yes that's right folks, working! Ok, it was temporary, but hey it paid! Last Wednesday, I had just gotten up when the school called. It was Mrs. Henry asking me if I could come in and be a substitute! I was like, omg, are you serious? I checked with Denny to make sure he could come get Tyler off the bus, and began getting ready for my day as Mrs. Sheets.

I worked until 2:30 as a Gen Ed Para Professional. It was somewhat challenging, but good. Definitely reaffirmed my decision to NOT be a teacher. :) While I was there, I was asked if I could sub on Friday for Mrs. Lahr. I was like sure!

Wednesday night, I received a call from Mrs. Carroll. She asked if I could sub for her Thursday afternoon. Once again, I said sure! So I ended up working all day Wednesday, Thursday afternoon and all day Friday.

No comments: