Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Yes...

2 posts in one day. The other post was actually what I had typed up last week, and then my computer decided to have a melt down. I like the fact that blogspot automatically saves my ramblings.

I just have to vent! We went to WM this morning for a few groceries. We were in the baby section and I see this adorable little girl, probably around 2, hiding in the racks. I was about to ask her where her Mommy was, when she ran out and towards another lady shopping nearby. I assumed it was her daughter. We continued over to diapers and the little girl followed us. I was there for at least 5 minutes. She stood there with us. I asked her where her Mommy was. She looked at me like she had no idea what I said. She looked Mexican, and I am unsure if she spoke or understood English. I was trying to get her to come with me when all the sudden she runs towards the grocery section. I tried to find her, but I couldn't. Suddenly clear down by the produce I see her. Apparently, she saw her Mommy and ran.

BUT WHY ON EARTH WOULD A YOUNG GIRL BE LEFT IN THE BABY DEPT WHILE HER PARENTS DID THEIR GROCERY SHOPPING?????????????????????????????????

The parents were definitely Mexican, as I walked by them later I heard them speaking Spanish.

We were then at the produce and the little girl comes around AGAIN! Her parents, no where to be found. Another lady tried to talk to her too. She just looked at her and didn't say anything. We then see the parents coming out of an aisle.

I told the other lady what had happened in the baby section. She was completely appalled. As was I.

My kids are never that far away from me. Ever since watching the movie about Adam Walsh (John Walsh's son who was taken from a Sears (?) store and murdered) I have been terrified of 1. being away from my parents in a store when I was young and 2. now that I am a parent, making sure my kids are with me all the time.

The parents just were nonchalantly shopping away, not even caring where in the world their daughter was. I had a notion to call someone....CPS or something. It just burned me to no end. Maybe I should of just went up to the parents and went postal. Thats how mad I was.

1 comment:

Latharia said...

Wow. Just blows my mind!!!!