Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bad things happen in 3's, yes?

1. Friday, Mom and I headed to Ft Wayne to do some shopping. We had been driving about 10mins, and I noticed a very loud sound, coming from the right front. As we passed the next town, it got louder. I pulled over, thinking it might be a low tire.

I checked every one, and they were fine. As we continued, it got even louder and began vibrating the van. I told Mom I was turning around, heading to Roanoke and pulling over. Denny could come look at it there.

He got there, looked at the tire, then took it for a drive. He came back and said he thought it was the wheel baring. Great. Told me to drive it on home and he would order the part.

I start driving home, all the while the noise is getting SO LOUD. I could only drive 35-40mph. He called me and said to pull over at the shop, so he could jack up the van, just to double check it was the baring.

We get there and he jacks it up. Grabs the wheel and it darn near falls off in his hands! MY LUGNUTS WERE ALL LOOSE! Had we driven much more, the whole thing would of come off. Mom and I were thrilled we had not gotten on the Interstate (a very busy one, at that!) Denny tightened them all back up, and I made him check the other 3 tires too!

PSA for today? Check your lugnuts!

2. We go back to the house quick for a bathroom stop, as we were right down the road. Mom walks into my kitchen and says "Lora, there is water all over the floor!" I was like WHAT? Thinking my fridge quit working, or that I ran the dishwasher that morning and it was bad, I ran in. My ceiling was leaking. Pouring out above my stove! O M G. We replaced the other side of that roof a couple of years ago, (in October of all things) and apparently now this side needs replaced.
Sometimes I love being a home owner!

We put out some bowls and Dad, who was there to work on the bathroom, promised to check on it while we were gone. I called Denny, who was much less than thrilled.

3. Denny comes home from work and tells me he almost quit. In fact, he actually locked up his toolbox and walked out. He had a legitimate reason. I won't be posting the details, as I don't feel comfortable. His boss stopped him though. Things are ok now, but it still scares me. He is the moneymaker here and we can't have him quit.

I could exchange #3 with the fact that I have been sick for a week now. And that the house is an absolute disaster, as no one else knows how to pick up or clean up after themselves.

*******************************************************

On a lighter note, I have a new Oliviaism! Been awhile, right?
Denny was helping her with the homework Thursday night. He was asking her what type of punctuation was needed for the sentence she just wrote.

She sat, thought about it, and said " A pastor's fart!"

Denny and I burst out laughing and looked at her saying WHAT????

She said, "Ya know a pastors fart the little thing that looks like this"...and she proceeded to draw an apostrophe.

If that doesn't make you smile, I don't know what will!

Stay tuned for pics from Veggie Tales Live! Yes, I had the pleasure of taking the kids, along with my Dad, to see that yesterday.

2 comments:

Shel said...

A pastor's fart huh? I love it! Leave it to Livie!!

Hippie Mama Kelly said...

That is totally scary! I know exactly what you are talking about not getting on the interstate with bad tires! Especially in Northern Indiana.