Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Life around here

Has certainly gone to pot. lol

I have so busy I cannot think straight. My goal of updating this at least 3 times a week, is not going so well.

My previous post stated that bad things happen in 3's. Unfortunately, it's happening AGAIN here.

1. Last Friday, as I was heading to Fort Wayne (I am always heading there when all hell breaks loose!) to meet Michele, I noticed my temp gauge was nearly pegged. I quickly pulled over and called Denny. He was frustrated, as it was Friday and he was really busy. He came to the rescue rather quickly, bringing along water and antifreeze.

He began pouring some in, then looked underneath....and saw all that he had put in...flowing nicely onto the pavement. He told me I wasn't going anywhere, and to start driving home, and hoping I could make it.

I couldn't.

I got about 7 mins from home and the temp gauge started going back up.

Long story short, a freeze plug is bad. If our mechanic fixes it? $1500 If Denny fixes it? Around $100, but it would require 4 FULL days of labor...taking the engine and transmission completely out of the van....not happening.

So I am van-less.

We bought this van in 2004 for $400. Wrecked. Bought another van in 2005 for $500 for parts. Sold the rest of the parts off the 'parts' van and actually MADE $500-600. That is after paying ourselves back the original $900.

It's been to Canada 3 times. Actually been a decent vehicle, despite having no heat or air in the back, sometimes not having heat in the front, passenger window doesn't work, no clue if the airbags worked, non working antilock breaks, no cd player, only 1 sliding door, tires that constantly go flat no matter what type you put on....etc etc etc. LOL

And now it's going to van heaven....it's awaiting the crossover at Pearson's bull pin.

2. SO Chris tells Denny he can drive the Saturn. We head out there Saturday evening. I am driving Denny's beastmobile back home. It's misty outside. Roads are wet. The Beastmobile has no brakes. I slide down Jefferson St like it's icy out.

BAM!

Actually just a nudge and smack.

I hit the lady at the stoplight. Bust up her taillight, and mark up her pretty white car with some scratches. Scare her to death. She says she has never been in an accident.

FTR: This is actually only my 2nd one ever, that I have had while driving. Was in one with Emily many many moons ago... and she was driving.

Long story once again shortened, Denny's truck has hardly any damage, the cop gives me crap about not having proof of insurance (which we do have BTW) and my husband yells at me, in front of the lady and the cop, telling me how much damage I have done to her car and how stupid I am, how he told me to be careful.........Had I thought of it then, I would of put the truck in drive and ran right over his pompous ass. He freakin deserved it.

3. The cop tells me I can leave. I wait for Denny to pull out, then go myself. I get home and he is nowhere to be found. My parents are there, freaking out and wondering if I am ok. He comes home a bit later. Come to find out, the Saturn quit on him! He had to walk about 3 1/2 blocks home. So then he proceeded to moan and whine about that.

I darn near went and filed for divorce on Monday. No joke. I don't deserve to get treated with such disrespect as I did on Saturday. No matter what happened. He never did once ask if I was ok. I am sick and tired of him treating me like dog shit and thinking it's ok. I get mad, we don't speak, then we have to for some reason and wham, he thinks all is well.

Yes I am very angry with him right now.

So that's how my life has been going. My parents were nice enough to loan me their van until we figure out what they hell we are going to do.

No comments: