Sunday, December 14, 2008

wow

Here it is Sunday again...and I have to work tomorrow! Do you know how LONG it's been since I have said that? 6 flipping years. 6 years.

6 years ago, in November, I left my good job at Tri Counties Dialysis Center to become a SAHM. I don't regret leaving. Well ok, in some ways I do. I had no idea what being a SAHM was. I thought it would be so easy!

Boy was I ever WRONG! It was THE HARDEST thing I have ever done, no doubt. When you have kids, there is no manual. There is no way to figure out if what you are doing is right or wrong. People who don't stay home, have no idea what it's like. I have had the opportunity to work and stay home, and I will say for certain that staying home is much much harder.

My first day at Manpower was last Thursday. It went great! All I did was staple some papers together, and input applications into the computer. Like a million. But you know what? The time flew! Before I knew it, it was 12:30. Then, in what seemed like minutes, it was 2:30. My computer locked up and I couldn't do any more.

I have to work tomorrow. As for the rest of the week, I don't know. My guess is possibly Wednesday and Thursday. Next week I know I only have to work Monday, and then the following Monday as well. After that, I am also unsure. They are really wanting to get the office open 5 days a week in January. Once I get trained, I will open it up to that.

I am nervous. Nervous that I will totally screw something up. Nervous because it will be my office! EEKS!

Tyler did great at the sitter's. He cried a bit when Denny dropped him off, but Pat said he calmed down shortly. She baked cookies with them and fed him popcorn as a snack. He said he had fun. We will see what he says tomorrow.

I took the kids' picture Friday night. Had them all gussied up in Christmas garb. I think I took over 40 pics just trying to get 1 good one. I think I actually ended up with 2 good ones. I am downloading them right now, and will put up a few. Tyler wouldn't cooperate at first, then Madison wouldn't smile. Then Olivia threw a fit.

A typical photo shoot with my kids.

No comments: