Sunday, January 4, 2009

I changed my background

To VW bugs...lol

I really want a yellow bug, with flower cutouts on my tail lights. So every time my kids see a bug, they yell "MOOOOOM! It's your car! Only it's (insert color here)!!!!! It's really cute and they love doing it.

I start my first full time week tomorrow. I am so ready. The money is going to be soooo nice. I am a bit worried about the time away from the kids. I have to be at work at 8, so that means I need to leave at 7:30 if not sooner. The kids normally get up at 7:30. So I have been getting them up 15mins early, just to see them. Mondays and Tuesdays, I get off at 3, so I will see them more. But Wed-Fri I won't get off till 5, not getting home till 5:30, doesn't leave much time for us time. I hate to not keep the job, because I really need it for my sanity. lol But if it takes too much time away from my kids (as much as I want away from them) it's not worth it. I don't want to be the parent they only see a hour or so a night.

I know I am thinking way to much into this. I suppose it's just working again jitters.

Our Christmas was good. The kids were totally shocked that Santa left gifts. There had been 7,925 calls to Santa to let him know the kids had been bad. Heck even on Christmas Eve, we gave him a call. The loved opening the gifts and seeing it all. The expressions were priceless. Mom and Dad even had gifts from Santa! He even filled our stockings (that NEVER happens).

The kids had stayed with Mom and Dad Sunday till Tuesday, because I had to work. She let them go through her gift stash and each pick out something for us. They even wrapped everything! Denny got a Jeff Gordon bear from Tyler, a Jeff Gordon sweatshirt from Olivia and a Jeff Gordon mug from Madison.
I got a neat Christmas towel from Tyler, scrapbook paper from Maddy and a wonderful smelling candle from Olivia.

It was the best.

We went to Mom and Dad's later that day. The kids had fun opening lots more gifts. Jon and Becky were there too. Unfortunately, Michael was with his Mom. We probably won't get to see him until March.

Friday night we got together with Linda, Mike, Christa, Tim, Devon, Jeanne, Gary, GG, Emily, Issac, Noah, Billy, Kylie, Chase, Zach and Blake. It was oh so much fun (note the sarcasm). All the kids, except ours and Devon, were awful. We didn't leave quick enough. We went to Christa's afterwards and exchanged gifts. The kids were even more excited that they got MORE gifts!

Saturday, we got together with all of Linda's brothers and sisters, and all their kids...etc. It's always a huge gathering and I like to go. Denny's family is great, and I love seeing everyone.

Our New Year celebration consisted of Tyler going to bed at 10:30, Olivia falling asleep on the chair around 11, me taking her to bed, Madison staying up till midnight, me falling alseep around 11:45, Olivia coming downstairs at 11:50, me waking up at 11:59, seeing the ball drop, kissing Denny and the girls and to bed I went. Oh what fun. lol

We didn't go anywhere because Denny was working on my truck. We bought it knowing some gasket needed replaced. We decided to save a few bucks and have Denny change it. He has done them before, no problem. After he got it all back together, it began to make a ticking noise. He took it to Corey's (our mechanic that fixes the things Denny can't or won't or what he broke) on Friday and we got the bad news.

Denny put the long rod in the short rod's hole. Therefore causing the valve to break. So currently my truck is sitting in Corey's garage, torn apart. They said we may get it back the earliest Tuesday, latest Wednesday. The $500 we were saving by having Denny doing it, we now have to spend. Story of my life.

So I am driving Mom's van again...which I am eternally grateful for.

We had our last Christmas gathering on Saturday. This was with Linda and Mike (yes for the third time) and all Mike's kids. It was nice seeing Trish & Shane, Amy, Miranda, Art & Mackenzie, Perry & Dee. Mackenzie is so big...she is almost 7 mons old and so cute. Miranda is such a laid back first time Mom. I love it! I have never seen someone so relaxed with their first baby. We would of stayed longer, but Tyler didn't get a nap and was being awful.

I GOT A NEW PHONE! Yuppers I sure did. I got a Blackberry. A PINK blackberry. It's so wonderful. I can surf the web anywhere! I feel so special, lol. It's pretty cool!

So that's the update for now. My goal is to update AT LEAST once a week...lol. We will see if that happens.

No comments: